Beware of recurring payments without annual notifications.I have been paying £39.95 annually since 2015.

I have not received any notifications by email to say a payment is going out or that a service is about to happen. Something popped up the other day asking if I wanted to have a computer check up. I said no. Every time they offered me another payment choice I said no.

I only realised when I saw AOL UK in my bank account. I rang to ask for a refund. They said I joined in 2015. So I have paid £120.

I must have wanted the first one but there is no way I would have wanted the others. The offer that appeared on my screen this week was asking for money - so that couldn't be connect to that account could it? Beware - small print. AOL - an internet company.

I now have to write a letter on paper and post it to their head office in London if I want to ask for a refund. It doesn't mean I'll get one. Just one more step to make it difficult. I know I wouldn't want to have automatically run this check up every year as tune ups didn't do anything to help my laptop when it was running slowly.

I had to have more memory installed. I didn't ask it to run the other day as I knew it wouldn't help and it was asking for money. My virus protection runs a similar service so why would I?

The customer service person was very well trained with the usual phrases.Wish me luck with the refund!

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments